Monday, November 29, 2010

I wish I could speak your language.


More brilliant and some what obscure post punk from Belgium. The Names 1982 album "Swimming" is very much akin to the early works of Section 25, Joy Division, and the other Factory bands of the era. The Names themselves released a single on Factory records in 1980 which consisted of the songs "Night shift" b/w "I wish I could speak your language". The songwriting ability displayed on "Swimming" is above the generic brand of post punk records out there. The Names illustrate the delicate balance of beautiful melodies amid an ashen surface of decay. This download also includes the bands singles so your getting every essential piece of the puzzle here.http://www.mediafire.com/?7dqfm0355y2xd

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just want to say what a great blog you got here!I’ve been around for quite a lot of time, but finally decided to show my appreciation of your work! Thumbs up, and keep it going!

Radiant Darkness said...

Thanks very much. Will definently keep it up. Thanks for your support.

Anonymous said...

I just added your feed to my favorites. I really enjoy reading your posts.